Do you have a voluntary, social enterprise or environmental project that you would like to scale up, develop, and build? Are you looking for additional support and resources to grow your reach? Then U21 RISE is for you.
Table of contents
Grow your reach - increase your impact
To find our contribution to the U21 RISE competition, UZH is looking for active student-led projects that address environmental and/or societal development. Projects may be individual or group led.
RISE is a U21 student opportunity, an international showcase of student achievement in sustainability and social innovation. RISE welcomes projects that focus on global challenges as outlined by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
RISE is designed to accelerate the scale and impact of student-led projects by connecting them with a network of experts in academia and industry. Alongside access to a global network of supporters, teams will have the chance of winning prizes of USD 2000 each to further develop their project.
Who can enter?
Any UZH student, either as an individual or in a group. The project team must be led by a current UZH student or recent graduate (2 years or less). You can also enter as a group of students from more than one U21 university or as a student society.
What sort of projects can be entered?
Your project must directly address at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and should be at the development stage, not just an idea. There needs to have been some positive actions taken to turn an idea into reality.
What will I gain from entering?
All entrants will:
- Gain experience in pitching their project
- Have the opportunity to win one of four USD 2000 for their project
- Be given the chance to network with fellow entrepreneurs
In addition to the above those nominated to the RISE showcase will:
- Be part of a cohort of finalists from across the world
- Take part in a bespoke development package for student entrepreneurs
- Receive a certificate recognizing their achievement as a RISE finalist
- Have the opportunity to receive pledges of support from U21s global network
- Gain feedback on their project from experts in the field
- Become part of an alumni network of global social innovators
How do I express interest in joining RISE?
|18 November 2020||UZH internal submission deadline (23:59 CET)|
|December 2020||Selected student team(s) develops a video outline|
|January/February 2021||Selected student team(s) produces video of 3 to 5 minutes duration (in collaboration with MELS)|
|19 March 2021||U21 RISE submission deadline|
|April 2021||Pledges and judging for RISE Awards|
|April 2021||U21 RISE winners will be announced|